How to Crochet the Back Post Single Crochet Videos
Playlist of how to crochet the Back Post Single Crochet
Stitch Abbreviation & Symbol
How to Crochet the Back Post Single Crochet Stitch:
This technique is a variation of the single crochet but instead of going into the top of the stitch we actually go around the post of the stitch underneath. It creates a lovely large ribbed pattern.
- Slide the crochet hook from the back of the work to the front of the work in front of the next stitch facing.
- Wrap the hook around the post of the stitch to be worked, sliding the hook to the back side of the work after the stitch
- Draw the yarn around the hook’s tip from the back side of the hook to the front side.
- Pull the hook’s tip through to the front of the work, pulling up a new loop.
- Wrap the yarn around the hook’s tip once again.
- Draw the hook through the remaining two loops on the hook. This completes one back post single crochet stitch.