This stir-fry uses the strong flavors of chilies and the refreshing flavor of basil to create a nice contrast of tastes. Beef is a good choice of meat for such a strong-flavored stir-fry.
Share this Recipe
- 2 teaspoons of avocado oil
- 3 red chilies, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons organic fish sauce
- 1 pound tender beef, cut in thin slices
- 1 cup of chopped asparagus
- 4 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- Thinly sliced red chili for garnishing
- Mix the chopped chilies, garlic and fish sauce in a bowl and add the beef.
- Put in the refrigerator to marinate for about 2 hours.
- Heat the oil in the wok, stir-fry the beef as per the general technique and remove from the wok.
- Add more oil and stir-fry the asparagus.
- Add 1/4 cup water or stock when the asparagus is almost cooked.
- Return the beef to the wok, add the basil and cook for another minute.
- Add in the green onions.
- Garnish the finished dish with slices of chili and sesame seeds