Chicken Marsala is my favorite food and I have really missed it since we’ve gone Paleo. This is a very easy yummy version.
Share this Recipe
Chicken Marsala - Paleo
Chicken Marsala is my favorite food and I have really missed it since we've gone Paleo. This is a very easy yummy version.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 16g
Saturated Fat 3g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 7g
Dietary Fiber 0g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
What you need
- 4 Organic skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 6 oz. cremini or white mushrooms, sliced 1/8 inch thick (about 2-1/4 cups)
- 1 cup dry of Marsala wine
- 2 Tbs. chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
What you do
- In a bowl, mix together the almond flour, salt, pepper and oregano.
- Trim the chicken and slice on an angle into 3/4-inch-thick pieces.
- Coat chicken pieces in almond flour mixture.
- In a 10-inch straight-sided sauté pan, heat 2 Tbs. of the oil over medium-high heat until it shimmers.
- Add the chicken and cook, flipping once, until lightly browned and just barely cooked through, 1 to 2 minutes per side.
- Transfer the chicken to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Return the pan to medium-high heat and add the remaining 1 Tbs. oil.
- Add the mushrooms, season lightly with salt, and sauté, stirring with a wooden spoon, until softened and well browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the garlic, and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 20 to 30 seconds.
- Pour in the Marsala and scrape the pan with the spoon to loosen any browned bits; simmer until the Marsala is reduced slightly, about 2 minutes.
- Return the chicken to the pan
- Cook for another 5 min or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- Garnish with parsley and enjoy!
Jessy + Melissa http://www.jessyandmelissa.com/wp/